Friday, February 27, 2009

Reward for Good Behavior


We all know that working out is beneficial to every human physically, emotionally and mentally, yada yada yada. But what they DON'T tell you are the benefits that come from eating snacks after one's jaunt to the gym.

Example: When I get back I usually crave cantaloupe. Beautiful ripe, juicy, orange cantaloupe. And, for whatever reason, I always feel the need to eat it with a knife. I think it's the hick in me, because I cut it, spear it and then bite it off the knife - a sharp steak knife. Did I mention I have a higher than normal IQ? Anyway. The other day I didn't want any cantaloupe - I wanted FUDGSICLES. Not the plain fudgsicles though, but the deluxe kind with the crumblies on the outside. It was essentially a life or death craving. So I walk into Vons and what do I see . . .

FIREMEN.

A whole squad, or unit, or flock, or whatever the group form is called. What is it about firemen that is so appealing? I don't care whether you are single or married or lesbian - they always require a second glance. And let me tell you, I stared like a common perv. Because the testosterone and other wafting pheromones just about knocked me over. I confess I felt a bit . . . awkward, checking out fudgsicles in my exercise clothes. But at that point, their lack of interest in me mattered about as much as their personalities.

The high that I was on for the rest of the night was NOT from exercise, I assure you. Thank you Lord for creating the fireman. I've decided that THAT is what I want for Christmas.

7 comments:

Corn Dog the Bounty Hunter said...

yes please

i i eee said...

I want to go to there.

And I also really really want some delicious cantaloupe. And fudgsicles. Badly.

Amber Marie said...

oh goodness you make me laugh so hard! i totally agree though, there is some-ting about those flocks of firemen.

Marge Bjork said...

even I, who usually dig the scrawny artistic types, could go for a fireman. I met a volunteer fireman at a party last semester and I thought, Yes. I would make-out with you right now just for being a VOLUNTEER firefighter. In New York City, no less.

O'Reilly #5 said...

reminds me of our day at the SEAL base.......yum

The Smith Family said...

Yes. Well said.

Laquina said...

Where is his belly button?