Tuesday, February 10, 2009

nanny taradise

For the next week I will be babysitting 5 kids whilst their parents holiday in the Europe. And I know you are expecting me to complain about it, because we all know how much I love little kids. If any of you caught How I Met Your Mother last night, Robyn is ME when it comes to other people's children.

However, I'm NOT sweating with anxiety, because this means three things: 1) A whole week of not having to clean my own house, 2) using their beach house, yes - right on the beach, for this extended weekend, and 3) they have cable!

Plus, these are the rare kind of kids: the ones who are quiet, listen and obey. Let's do a communal crossing of fingers that we can avert disasters reminiscent of my younger babysitting days when the psychos would put plastic trash bags over the heads and tie them, jump off the roof onto the trampoline, and light each other on fire.

Here's to hoping.

3 comments:

Rachie said...

I'm pretty sure I had a mild panic attack when I read "five kids." Oy! I can't even begin to think what it would take for me to agree to watch five kids for a week. I hope everything goes well for you! If anything, it should make for some good blog fodder, eh?

Amber Marie said...

I'm hoping for you. Sounds like fun though with good kids on the beach...aren't they in school too?

NICE.

Ashley said...

Good Luck Tara =)