Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Around the World Soon Enough



I know that many people have been everywhere and seen everything and congratulations to them. I am not one of those people… yet. I’ve been to a few countries thus far and I plan on expanding that this fall. It sure seems like I brag a lot on my blog! I'm not a braggart by nature, but if you think about it, bragging is sort of the purpose of having a blog. You pretty much talk about how awesome you are all the time, and post pictures of how cute and/or snazzy you are, and then you hope other people read all about it. I'm just being honest. Can I be honest? Sure, I can! It's my blog and I know the password, so I can write whatever I want. I read your blog (probably) and I think you are awesome (usually.)




Cool places I’ve been:


  • The Imperial War Museum

By far the best war museum I’ve ever been to. If ever in London it is a MUST.

  • Sachsenhausen, the concentration camp right outside of Berlin
Warning: it is NOT a barrel of laughs

  • Prague castle and the horrible staircase of death

  • Cliffs of Moher

  • Everywhere in hyde park, but sadly never rode the carousel

  • The national gallery

If you get into Caravaggio and Van Gogh and Da Vinci and JMW Turner, and let’s be real – who doesn’t?

I was hoping to catch a glimpse of a creepy Celtic ritual. Alas.

  • Portabello road

Freaks and antiques galore

  • Ever gelato place on my way to wherever – don’t judge me! I’m weak. Let us not speak of it.

  • White cliffs of Dover

Let’s have a moment of silence for the evacuation of Dunkirk. The 10 minute long unbroken scene in Atonement anyone? FANTASTIC.

  • The Crane Pub in Galway.

  • A ridiculously awesome play at The Globe – Even though it’s not the original theater, it makes me wonder how much history is right under our feet, waiting to be dug up. I love these old theatres, and I like to think about how disgusting they probably were.

  • Loch Ness where I saw Nessie

  • Lots of cold castles where I mused about how freezing life must have been



Cool places I wish I had been:


  • The orangery which was right across the street in Kensington Gardens which I was lame enough to never take advantage of.

  • Nude Italian beaches

  • Great wall of china

Until then the great wall of chocolate at PF Changs will have to suffice

  • Jerusalem

Maybe when I go live on a Kibbutz with Lisha

  • The Forbidden City

  • Anywhere in Switzerland - pretty flowers and hot men are abundant, so I hear.

  • Normandy - WWII!

  • Mumbai - Germs!

  • Istanbul - Hamams!

  • Rio – just for their cheap Brazilian food!

1 comment:

Amber Marie said...

Cool Places You Wish You Could Visit:

1. McAllen, Texas
2. South Padre Island, Texas
3. Texas