Friday, April 11, 2008

Springy Things

So we have now come to my favorite time of the year: April. April is my favorite month because it is like the beacon of hope after crossing a frozen tundra in Hell (read: Provo). It promises good things to come and in April all my dreams come true. To kick off the month, I will give you a list of the best things about April:

  • Like previously stated, though considered the “rainy” month (such crap) it is actually the beautiful blooming month of flowers and sunshine and bunny rabbits. Sometimes though when the weather is bi-polar, April can shift from pleasant and slightly manic to depressive and gloomy and borderline suicidal. Like a snow storm mid-month. Like this morning when I was dressed in Spring-esque clothes, then I looked out the window and saw snow falling and heard Satan laughing. Still, like a good friend with some major quirks, April keeps you on your toes.

  • Diamonds. The birth stone of April. My best friends. And if you are a girl, probably your best friends too. Even though I don’t actually own any. And I don’t own any for three reasons: I don’t have a husband, my parents don’t love me, I am poor. Enough about that. Moving on.

  • The beginning of popsicle season. Let’s forget for a moment that it is also the beginning of swim suit season, which is scary and April is NOT scary. Popsicles mean popsicle-eating on my porch, in the park, on a bike, in the movie theater, in my bed, or wherever. Because it’s April. And popsicles make the summer come faster, I swear it’s true.
  • The return of the zero-brain-power-needed shows that I love so much. Like Law & Order:SVU, and The Hills (what was up with Audrina in the last episode?! And what will happen with Spencer’s Plan: Operation Win Heidi Back??? PLEASE. He needs a shot of reality, like this…)


  • And importantly – nay, MOST IMPORTANTLY it’s my BIRTHDAY MONTH. That’s right. The 17th is the day I came into the world and mankind rejoiced. Man oh man would I love a diamond for my birthday. It would be so appropriate. But, if that is out of the budget (since I assume that whoever is reading this will get me a birthday present), a Nordstrom gift certificate will suffice.

2 comments:

Alyssa & Bruce said...

Okay, is it sad to anyone else besides me that I am usually the first person to comment on your posts? Sad, get a life right?

Satan laughing! That's a-funny! I love April too. Except for my favorite is obviously the best month of the year, May. Sorry, April showers bring May flowers. So true.

Mike Lau said...

Popsicles do make everything better. I'm also a fan of orange creamsicles. Those are quite delicious. It's a pity that I'm missing your birthday by a couple of days but we'll celebrate when I come to town! P.S. I can't afford to buy you a diamond ring seeing that I'm going to be broke from buying one already but I might be able to get that gift card. :)