Wednesday, March 11, 2009

TV, it's time to bring back the crazy

If any of you were fortunate enough to have caught The Chopping Block on NBC tonight, then I imagine you have already begun to form some ideas in your mind on the one Chef Marco Pierre White. DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR - read this book:


I now leave generous tips at nice eateries because of Marco "Holy Terror" White. You will love him, hate him, be willing to become an indentured servant just to learn from him - he's a genius. You will never look at restaurants, chefs or waiters the same again. I was completely seduced through paper. Mostly because he is smug and crazy; if he's not yelling at another chef to F off, then he's throwing a client out into the street. And speaking of insane people and tv, I am SO ready for American Idol to be over already. I've never been a fan, and I vowed that I would watch it only on the condition that Simon be the SOLE judge. I do however appreciate the lunacy of Paula Abdul and her wardrobe concoctions that are almost as whacked out as she is.

More than anything though, I hate that AI is crowding out Fringe. Give me my Pacey, man! Perhaps it's unpopular, but I'd take Walter "I-am-craving-applesauce-after-digging-into-that-guy's-brain" Bishop any day over the dulcet tones of American "I want this SO bad!" Idol.

And lastly, dear 30 Rock, I only have this to say: Bring back Don Draper! Bring back Don Draper!

5 comments:

i i eee said...

Oh Don Draper. Le sigh.

I have no desire to watch AI. I really just don't care.

Amber Marie said...

We just started 30 Rock in the past month and we can't get enough.

Good luck with your gym boy. A "bop bopped" on the sly is the next step after a smile eh?

Miriam Herm said...

THAT'S why fringe isn't showing up until april??? because of american freakin' idol???

that's IT! i will never watch that show again.

you can ask ryan. every wednesday night i mourn the fact that there is no walter bishop to make me giggle.

Marge Bjork said...

I have always been confused over American Idol. "It's still going?" I ask myself, "When are we going to start idolizing one of these people and be done?"

Jessica said...

Hi! I LOVE Amber, so any friend of hers is definitely a friend of mine. Your blog is hilarious! I'm glad that there's someone else out there who may be as ridiculous as I am. I've totally slacked off in sharing my stories...you've inspired me to try my hand at writing again. Anyway, thanks for the comment. It's nice to meet you, and I'll definitely be adding you to my Google Reader. =)