Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Luck of the Irish


In honor of St. Patrick's Day I am not going to go into explicit detail of Pat's life and his propensity to dispel unsavory characters from Ireland, namely snakes and the Devil himself, because nobody really cares about the story. Everyone's main concern today will be telling other people how they are actually part Irish, pledge their undying love for Notre Dame, and then mumble partially-known drinking songs whilst swigging down Guinness as fast as possible.

For me, this Shamrock Holiday has inspired this musing: If I had to choose between Colin Farrell, Jon Rhys-Meyers, Damien Rice or Jason O'Mara to give up America and shack up in a cozy Irish castle with, who would I pick?

5 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

damien rice. unless he wants to just sing at me. annoying. then i'd pitch him out and pick john rhys-meyers.

Rachie said...

Finally, a St. Patrick's Day post I can get behind! This one's easy: Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. Colin Farrell would be too smelly, arrogant, and fire-crotchy to really enjoy being around. Rhys-Meyers on the other hand... deeeeelish!

Rachel Barlow said...

No doubt about it....my man Jonathan Rhys-Meyers!!!

Marge Bjork said...

I have to be honest, even though I love Ireland more than the next guy, all the green beer in the world and wonderful irish men and castles and customs cannot make me feel better about this holiday.

I don't want to wear the same color everyone else is wearing, gag me.

The only reason I wear just the tiniest smidgen of green on this day is so people don't pinch me.

And I don't support green beer, actually, because I fear drunk people would pinch me more, with or without wearing green.

love,
Debbie Downer

Debbie said...

No question-Colin Farrell-only because he has the same first name as my honey-Mr. Darcy-Collin Firth