Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Life's Laundry List

Paige vs. the Wave

So far I am The Biggest Loser. So what if we are only 3 weeks in, and have until mid-October. I am determined I will be the reigning champion. Or at least today I am determined. I MUST call back the IRS. The crooks still aren't giving me my hard earned wealth. I have bought three dresses in the past week, and a tan pair of slouchy leather boots. Saving - what? I am desperately wanting to turn back to the lovely genres of gothic novels, Shakespeare and the classics. But Karch M. continues piling book after book on me and I feel almost burdened by the weight. Summer is closing down shop, but secretly keeps it doors open for all sc dwellers. This is a fact: I saw two white skirts and pants today, and Labor Day is definitely over. The gym is still too hot. And I don't mean the people. Not enough fans and too many old men, yet I go back each night like it's become some kind of addiction. I have rekindled my love affair with British Period Dramas. Currently: Bleak House by Charles Dickens. Thank you BBC and Netflix. Monday was the 5th time I have gone to the beach this summer. Shameful, I know. Thankfully I got a decent tan, and the group of middle-aged hombres who were leering on the sand dune were also told to disband by the cops. 3/4 of the ward has gone back to Utah for the fall. How odd not to be one of them. I walked into church on Sunday and realized I missed them, and consequently haven't thought of those people until now. My brothers are home more, since their summer romances have ended and the books are calling. I stopped studying for the GRE for the present. I stopped looking for another job. Days roll in and out quietly and contentedly. I am living my life and enjoying it.

4 comments:

rich said...

Screw it. Let's you, me, Lisha, Mike, Steve, Jeff, and Emma start a think tank.

Together we could create the perfect health system, and solve the energy crisis.

Just thikn of the talent that lies in our group. We speak English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Romanian. We have degrees in Physics, Political Science, History, Geography, and French. We have one in Law School and one in Med School. Hell let's throw Whitney in the mix because she'll be attached to Mike... a law degree and soon a Masters of Public Health.

Together we have traveled the world. The Pacific, West Europe, Central Europe, East Europe, Asia, Africa, Canada, and the Midle East.

Collectively we hold passports in Canada, the United States, and Spain.

We can quote Arrested Development, Sunny in Philadelphia, The Extras, and Flight of the Conchords like none other.

We are an awesome power together. Why did we all ever seperate?

Marge Bjork said...

i don't know about you all, but i'm NOT separated and still here.
Campus is ugly this year.
However, my favorite BBC piece is Charles Dickens' Our Mutual Friend. I even own it.

Amber Marie said...

it would have been a way better video had she smacked her head. i have stopped posting videos of stuff like that because i am afraid my own mother will send CPS to my house. yesterday evening was spent throwing pillows at her head and watching her fall. see, spending time in the bathroom brushing your teeth doesn't seem so bad afterall :)

Laquina said...

Exhibit A: That CANNOT be California water. It is way to clear and blue.

Exhibit B: Rich is right. Together we would be more powerful than Captain planet and his elements - with less weird outfits.

If you walk, I will too.