Friday, August 1, 2008

DPRK FOREVER

It's no great secret that I have a bizarre fascination with the North Korean dictator Kim Jonj-Il. I find him both freaky and ridiculous, and I would definitely give him a 1st Place trophy in the World's Most Absurd Autocrat Contest. He's just like a petulant child who throws fits for attention. I think this picture speaks a thousand fitting words:





But really, does anyone actually know a Korean that doesn't freak them out even just a little bit? I bet not. What loveable histrionic psychopaths.

At any rate, although Kim is totally rad, I don't have similar sentiments for the Iranian President. Sorry Mahmoud, I'm just not down with you. Mostly because I like Jews and I think that YOU are the one that looks like a monkey, not Condi. But that's neither here nor there.


So as I was reading the latest from the Korean News Agency, you can imagine my great joy when I saw this:

Pyongyang, July 31 (KCNA) -- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iranian President, met and had a friendly talk in Tehran on July 29 with the DPRK delegation headed by Foreign Minister Pak Ui Chun to the conference of foreign ministers of non-aligned countries. Saying that Iran and the DPRK are countries fighting against the U.S. imperialists, the Iranian president sincerely hoped that the Korean people would achieve greater success in the anti-U.S. struggle. He expressed the belief that the relations between the two countries would grow stronger in the future, too.

JongIl + AhmadineWhackjob = BFF? Come on Kim Jong! Let's just be done with this whole Communism thing and get you out of the Axis of Evil black hole already. I know you want to. Hey I have an idea! Why don't you start building useful things to sell on the world market, like bikes, instead of ballistic missiles? I'm sure your people would still worship you, even if you allowed them to have toilet paper. And can anyone tell me why DPRK stands for the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea, when the only thing that name has in common with the country is "Peoples" and "Korea?"

A related item: Kim's Online Journal. Sounds about right.

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

taradise, that journal really brightens my day

Laquina said...

Hmmm. Is he cross-eyed? Is that just a wandering eye there on the right side? You know, I've always thought that I would be a good diplomat but I withdraw my offer after seeing that photo. I just can't see myself not being able to mention it in a conversation. I mean, when my 10th grade math teacher Mr. Chubbs and his lazy eye tried to help me with a math problem I couldn't do it. I stopped him in the middle and said, "ok, are you actually looking at me?". And he didn't have nuclear weapons.