Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Only got love for the 101


All my life I have heard people cry about the traffic of California freeways. As if they really have somewhere they have to be when they get off work. It's one of those things that whiners love to hate. All ye pansy communters, hear this: Get some imagination! I find my 7.2 mile/40 mintue commute to be a real treat because of the following:


Example #1: The small pick up truck crammed with 18 Mexicans, giving me really polite compliments. I think those hand gestures must be a real compliment where they come from. Right back at ya home boys!


Example #2: The woman with one hand putting on lipstick, and the other holding a cell phone beneath her botoxed face - because that's legal you know - while driving with her knee. What talent! 4 stars!


Example #3: Nose-pickers. Kudos to you for not caring who sees!


Example #4: The rockers. Yes, they are my people. Those who rock-out, alone, and you know they are "singing" and the top of their lungs. Such zest for life! It gives one hope.


Example #5: The couples who DTRs in the car. DTR in the car. It could be a song title! And you can't help but wonder: what are they fighting about? Who cheated on who?? Who's the REAL baby-daddy?!? WILL HE STAY OR LEAVE FOREVER!?!? It's like free cable.


I know that I always love a good park on the freeway. Especially in an earthquake. God bless the Golden State.

2 comments:

rich said...

Wow... how far is it to Salt Lake? Like 35 miles. And it takes 45 minutes to get up there. Man, things move slow in L.A.

What about Public Transportation? I feel like everyone would be pissed off enough to say "Hey you know what we need to develop a metro out to the suburbs" You know like Washington D.C. or something.

Amber Marie said...

i love example #5. we went to san antonio this weekend and ryan and I hardly talked while walking the streets because we were both so enthralled in all the conversations around us :) Maybe that is an indication of the boredom in our own life?