Tuesday, August 12, 2008

That's just gross


You know you are in need of some serious amusement when the most interesting thing that happens all day takes place in the bathroom. Since when are toilets ever entertaining? Since now. I would know this because I frequent it at least 18 times a day. Mostly because I drink my body weight in water, but also because I sometimes get so bored at work I want to gauge my eyes out with a Papermate Flexigrip.


Anyway, by 11:36 am I was in bathroom for the 5th time, and when I walked in I saw a woman eating a sandwich. She was just sitting there, in a chair by the door, eating a sandwich. Like it was no big deal. She looked up at me as I stopped dead in my tracks in the doorway, and gave me that WHAT? look.


Was she in some kind of rush? Could she not eat food in her office? Did she have alzheimers and forget that bathrooms are full of germs you would not want in your roast beef? This ain't no Subway lady! Nor is this some women's lounge area like they have in a Nordstrom. You are sitting in a freaking plastic chair, practically blocking the door, chowing down on some meat-packed hoagie. Don't look at me like I am the crazy one.

2 comments:

rich said...

You know, I had a funny moment in the bathroom today. So there was a dental student washing his hands right at the same time I was.

The sinks in the bathroom here automatically turn on when you put your hands under them. I really lke that. So sometimes I take a longer amount of time to wash just to enjoy it. HOWEVER, the dental student was taking a long time also. Then I got this awkward feeling.

That's pretty much it. Not a great story.

Laquina said...

OK, have you stopped to list the possible reasons that she is eating her sandwich in the loo?

1-she is sick of eating by herself while everyone else in the office eats together so she pretends she has to leave?
2-Her boss put her on a strict no-carbs diet and she HAS to eat where he won't see her?
3-Her crazy ex is stomping around the office looking for her and she is hiding out but still extremely hungry?
4-Maybe someone told her she HAD to watch the bathroom for 15 minutes.

And also, it's not like most of the germs are airborne. If she can eat through all the smells then more power to her! A women after my own heart - food takes preference. And to make my comment longer, I also like to take a walk in that person's shoes before I make my final judgement. You should eat a sandwich in there and then decide. That's all I'm sayin.