Monday, June 23, 2008

On the Up-Swing

I feel it is only right to rescind my statements and bitter tones from the last post, as I have now realized why I moved back home: the beach. HELLO. Why didn't I think of it before? And who doesn't love the beach? Except besides M.Bell, but he always was a little odd. The rest of us normal people can't get enough of the sun & surf. Sand in our hair and teeth means nothing to us. Sunburns are a badge of honor.


It's a shame that I have to have a full-time job so that I can't go everyday. I thought about being a full-time beach bum, because that could be a full-time job. Alas, that is one dream that won't ever come true. Thank goodness for the heat on saturday, because it drove us all westward. I think it was the first time in 6 years where the water was above 70 degrees and everyone was swimming in it without wetsuits. Miraculous.


Another great thing about being back: Tri-tip. If you like meat and have never had this, or even if you don't like meat, you just haven't grasped how fulfilling being a human can be.


In other news: I have discovered I am in love with SmartWater, and will probably go buy a case-load of it at Costco today. So what if it sits in a landfill forever - it gives me electrolytes so I think it's worth it. Plus, it tastes great. And to you nay-sayers that are convinced water has no taste, SmartWater will prove you wrong. In addition, I am bringing back the semi-colon.


1 comment:

i i eee said...

I love Smart Water. Especially the tall skinny bottles. They fit so nicely in my hands.

Oh beach. Beach.