Friday, July 2, 2010

Gearing Up for the Red, White and Blue

'Tis a well known fact that the 4th of July is my all time favorite holiday. Not only do I love celebrating Independence and the 2nd Amendment, but there's almost a sure chance that I'll get to see fireworks and eat my body weight in homemade ice cream. And if I'm REALLY lucky I just might get to see a man in Yankee Civil War garb harboring a muzzle-loader rifle.

Nothing will ever top celebrating in Coronado with The Cousins, watching the awesomely non-pc parade where the marines reenact capturing the Taliban, but I'm determined to do something special regardless of my lack of a powdered wig, kegs of ale or a charming sailor. I'll be at church during the day so I think recreating The Boston Tea Party is out of the question because of time constraints. That was Plan A, so I'm having trouble coming up with a Plan B. Obviously I'll be listening to "Party in the USA" by our very own M. Cyrus on repeat, and for sure I'll watch some snippets of John Adams while I drink some Diet Coca Cola and eat some SPAM. Maybe I'll also have a Bake/Yard Sale (BaYard? YaBake? Yard-Bake? Does that sound like I plan on burning my front lawn? Or better yet THE NEIGHBORS lawn? Because that's not a bad idea) to tip my hat to capitalism, if you will.

I am still accepting alternative ideas, should The Spirit of Liberty enlighten your minds with brilliant possibilities.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Can I just tell you how much I love reading your blog posts?! You are an incredible writer! And I just found your other blog which I of course love as well. Keep it up! Love ya!

Amber Marie said...

it's MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY TOO! twins!

you always make me laugh so hard.

other blog, what?! seriously.