Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tis a dull, dull world

Sometimes (usually when I run out of Diet Coke and mascara and the air conditioning in my car just STOPS WORKING) the world seems quite tiresome. And since boredom reluctantly loves company, I'll give you a recount of my day in the most droll way possible.


THIS MORNING . . .
I was lying on my bed in my bedroom. The alarm clock rang. I got off my bed and stood up.


15 MINUTES LATER . . .
I poured myself some cereal. I then added some milk. I used a spoon to put the cereal in my mouth.


JOB #1 . . .
I was sitting on a chair facing a wall. After having looked at the wall for some time, I turned my gaze and looked elsewhere.


10 MINUTES LATER . . .
I dropped a pen on the floor. I reached down and picked up said pen. I considered stabbing it into my eye. I decided against it, and turned to look at another wall.


WHILE DRIVING . . .
I sat in my car doing what one does when sitting in the driver seat of one's car. I thought about putting on some music. I thought for a while. I looked at my iPod. I decided not to play any music. I continued to drive.


JOB #2 . . .
I had several pieces of paper on my desk. I moved one to the basket on my other desk. Having done so I looked at the other papers for a while.


15 MINUTES LATER . . .
My head hurt. I took some advil from my drawer and swallowed them with water. My head began to feel better soon thereafter. I resumed my usual activities.



I'm feeling rather dreary and sluggish after having put all this effort into writing.

1 comment:

Laquina said...

I read that post, then the previous one which I left a comment on. Then I grabbed a chunk of my hair and considered ripping it out. But I'm just.too. tired to yank hard enough to rip it out.

You did this to me.