Monday, July 20, 2009

New state in the Union: West Arizona

Each morning when I wake up, after contemplating which cereal I want to devour, and how to make my hair more shiny and naturally straight when it air dries, I debate with myself about blogging something. Like, say - the copious amounts of flesh I see spilling over bikinis and speedos everyday, which is awesome.

But then I walk a block to the beach instead and forget all about it.

However, I have a bone to pick with a certain people. These people, herein referred to as "Zonies," are the snowbirds from Arizona who come to California coasts for the summer. So I suppose technically they aren't snowbirds . . . more like . . .ugh, I don't know. I've been in the sun and ocean a lot and so I'm TIRED and don't want to think of a word that defines them. The facts are these: they are many, they have big cars, and they think they own the place.

Look, I get it. Living in Arizona in the summer totally blows. How you old people survive those summers where Hell opens it jaws and breathes fiery air over the state for the majority of the year, I will never know. But Zonies, THIS I do know: I have been hit by one of your big-a cars almost everyday, I couldn't see Harry Potter the night I wanted to because you flooded the mall and theater, and you and your yappy brats surround my beach blanket everyday thereby distracting me from my quality romance novels.

I feel like I don't ask for a lot. I just want to try and get a tan while I watch the Golden State crumble. So maybe show a little respect for a dying state and let us loaf in peace.

1 comment:

Amber Marie said...

why would arizonians come to so cal? we have missourians, michiganites and illonoisians. it could be much worse.