Friday, July 10, 2009

It's SUPERnatural

I feel that in life I have really succeeded in being mediocre in every aspect, and I consider that a talent. I received "pretentious/almost nerdy" on my nerd score, so I think I can safely say that I can be pretty deep. For example, much of my time yesterday was spent contemplating the eternities (read: how I can get out of wearing a toga in heaven, because they look quite cumbersome), and how height differences can effect your life (aka, do midgets play baseball, and if so, is the field a different size?). I'm a thinker, you see.

So today, as I was "painting" I was musing about - what else? - THE SUPERNATURAL. My love of the mysterious has been pretty well documented, but I realized I haven't shared with the internet universe my newest quest, if you will: To find and capture the elusive chupacabra. That's right - the blood sucking goat killer often spotted in the southwest and Mexico. In fact, on my 5 hour trip in Mexico in April my goal was to find it. Alas. But I know it's out there, and when I find it, the world will know too.

When first I discovered this creature last summer, from a police video that captured a dog-like creature that WASN'T A DOG, I knew that I had found the infamous "circus pony" that my cousin had seen in Utah oh so many years back. In my heart of hearts I KNOW that the freaky creature she saw while licking a popsicle in the car at a 4-way stop was EL CHUPACABRA.

For all you nay-sayers who think my life quest is useless, riddle me this:




WTF, right? Should you have doubts, be my guest to tell me what you think that thing is.

2 comments:

trine k said...

I just HAD to say that not only is chupacabra one of my MOST favorite words (it's just so dang fun to say!), the stories are even better! And I have another one to add to your list of facts: When Larry was working for a company that helped people get rid of debt, they called a woman who hadn't sent her payment in, and when they asked her why, she said it was because the chupacraba had taken it off her dresser during the night. And she was serious. So there you go, one more eye witness to add to the truth. Good luck with your quest, although I would personally never want to run into that freaky looking thing in the video. And I have to admit, since this comment is already ridiculously long, that the video was a bit of a let down. I was kind of hoping to hear frenzied mexicans screaming in spanish in the background. Oh well.

O'Reilly #5 said...

Easy, its an R.O.U.S