Monday, August 3, 2009

HELLO August!

You know, it can take a lot out of you: waking up to the sound of waves crashing on the beach, picking out a trashy romance novel for the day, laying on the beach for 6 hours, jumping into the ocean when I felt a bit overheated, and ending the day with a Diet Coke and some Law & Order. I mean, really - those couple weeks were exhausting.

Now I'm back, and I've decided that there is no better way to get back into the swing of things than to make some "Summer: Part II" resolutions. Feel free to join me in these:

1. Wear less clothing. It brings such a sense of freedom - which is, after all, what this country is all about. Remember the days when you would wear your bathing suit ALL summer long without taking it off? Well, that's what I'm bringing back - MINUS THE SUIT.

2. I'm probably not going to go see G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra. Sorry. But you can go if you want to. Although I might reconsider if I hear that it is really so awesomely bad that it's good, like Pathfinder.

3. I'm going to go to Baker. Yes, you read that right. Baker "Pit-Stop-In-Hell" California, because I have a hunch that that is where the chupacabra is hanging out.

4. Make a new friend. It's time for that once-a-year effort to meet someone new.

5. Get a real job. I think about my current situation about 75% of my waking life. I am going to reduce that to 50%, and read more YA Fiction with my extra time.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Amber Marie said...

good luck. especially with the making a new friend thing. that takes so much effort from me that it tends to be a once every 5 yrs sort of thing for me.

i'm SO jealous you are going to the cabin. apparently it's just your family who doesn't get to go often though because i know melanie and erik were there last week... :) Have fun and post SOME PICTURES! please.

The Smith Family said...

Sounds like productive plans Tara. You know, I have a solution for #4....:)

Liz said...

Good luck in Baker. Yikes! Maybe you should just combine all your resolutions and go to Baker naked, meet a new friend to go see G.I. Joe with you, and try to find a job after the movie. Hm. On second thought, being naked might help you find a friend (one of the opposite sex, for sure), but getting the job might be a little tough in your birthday suit. Then again, it IS Baker. It's Hell. It should be easy peasy. :0)

GOOD LUCK!