Sunday, April 26, 2009

So I asked, What Would Bea Arthur Do?

Last week, quite whim-ish-ly of me, I decided that I am mightier than the economy and I was going to prove it.  So I packed up my bathing suits and flew to Arizona to visit some friends. Where I bought some more bathing suits. AND business suits.  And some gorgeous turquoise heels.  Basically I have done what I do best - shop and loaf. 

I was having a great time shopping, pooling and eating - and I figured, why stop there? So off we went to Mexico to get some Swine Flu.  We spent an afternoon eating fish tacos, getting bombarded by vendors, and forced to witness middle-aged Americans as they blew our ears off with unbearably loud Eminem as they cruised around in their 4-wheeler with hydraulics.  I hope to be just like them in 30 years - they were so classy and cool. 

Next up - the beach!  We drove down the cement sand until we found the right place, put up the tent, and sat on the sand as we watched the tide roll out. 

Five minutes and 14 vendors later . . .

Rich:  What if we just drove back to Phoenix tonight?

Us:  Sounds good.

Back to the USA! It felt so good - we were done with Mexico.  Unfortunately, some fugitive men were thinking the same thing when we saw the border patrol handcuff them.  Too bad!

Ever since Earth Day I have had an insatiable desire to consume, consume, consume. And  I feel like I haven't quite consumed enough petrol yet, so I'm going to fly to Austin on Wednesday before I go back to California. Can't wait for more department stores and restaurants to ravage! I really think this mini-break has shown me what I'm made of. 

RIP, dear Bea. In honor of you, Laquina and I are doing a Golden Girls marathon tonight. 


2 comments:

Whits said...

Oh Tara. I laughed so hard I cried and started coughing (feeling under the weather). I read it out loud to Mike. Thank you for this post.

Amber Marie said...

I've had enough of mexico too.

P.S. I am in Phoenix and I live semi-near Austin. Why do I not see you?