Friday, April 17, 2009

The Day

Dear Lovely Self,

Congratulations on getting halfway between twenty and thirty! Can we consider it an accomplishment? The question now becomes, how old do we claim to be? When does lying about age become commonplace?

Anyway. I just wanted to tell you that 25 is the new 15 and you really are looking younger, thanks to that night eye cream probably. And less laying-out.

So enjoy your "Day of Decrees" and remember: We are going to ROCK the mid-twenties.

XOXO,
Me

6 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

woo! happy birthday!!

Amber Marie said...

ah to be 25 again...that is what I always hear from older people. but really, i have to say that every year after seems to be getting better. you feel so much more comfortable in your own body and mind.

mmm too much oprah. sorry.

trine k said...

Happy Birthday Mon Petit! I actually should get a pat on the back because I was thinking about you big time yesterday, especially because I was going through a box with a bunch of notes and letters that I found from and to each other! Man, we were dang silly. I tried calling you but only got a generic answering machine and wasn't sure if it was your same number still? I was too afraid to leave a message in case it wasn't, but I've really been wanting to chat with you, so call me sometime, yeah? Hope you had a GREAT 25! Woo hoo!

The Smith Family said...

Hope your birthday was as fab as you are Tara!

i i eee said...

Happy belated birthday!!! LOOK I'M USING EXCESSIVE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!1! BECAUSE I REALLY REALLY WANT TO WISH YOU A GOOD ONE!!!! OMG!!

Miriam Herm said...

happy birthday. sorry i stink as a friend. maybe i'll take you out to get cheesecake? (please?)