Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I have depths he'll never plumb, but I know every inch of his wafer thin soul."

I've been in something of an artistic slump as of late. I ran out of Diet Coke, the Golden Globes were boring, and my hair really needs to be cut. And by cut I mean TRIM -- not hacked off by Edward Scissorhands like poor Taylor Momsen:


To assuage the anxiety I feel over my lack of ambition and creativity, I have been focusing most of my energies on how other people look. And since, as stated above, the Golden Globes lacked any serious wackitude to lighten my spirits, I have run back into the loving embrace of fashion reliability: Gossip Girl. Am I alone in this? I have a hunch that there are others who also are craving some trusty fashion to put their troubled minds at ease, and I am here to tell you that it's okay. GIVE IN.

Which brings me to a pressing question:

What would it take to make myself look like: Serena van der Woodsen, with the wardrobe of:

Blair Waldorf?

Could I finagle it with exorbitant amounts of money and Dr. Ray? I am holding out hope. And please in the name of all that is holy, do NOT assume that now is the time to bring up how "media gives women false expectations" and "eating disorders" and that what "really matters" is "inner beauty." Because my eyes do not deceive me - they are HOT. And that is what counts in life. So added to my Things I Need to Pick Up List are Louboutin Peep-Toe heels and a Marc Jacobs blouse.

Maybe I should just start by calling my hair dresser for a cut after all. Baby steps people. Baby steps.

6 comments:

Whits said...

I got such a kick out of season 1 when I spotted a bunch of my clothes on the show (all on blair). I did end up taking back a L.A.M.B. sweater before it showed up on the show. I couldn't justify a $300 sweater. But this season -- I've just seen one bangle on Serena and that is about it. I don't know why but I felt so justified in my clothes buying when I saw it on Blair. I think that is kind of sad.

Marge Bjork said...

I don't know about you, but me and my babysitting money always stare in despair at closet and then broken sewing machine when I see lovely-filled shows

i i eee said...

I have some boots that were on GG. But I don't know who wore them (I think Serena) because I only know they were on GG when someone else told me that. Um, yeah. So I'm holding to it!

Blair has a dress on two episodes ago that made my heart soar. Someday.

Amber Marie said...

go get your haircut. i hope you are being 100% sarcastic. because if not...i have some words for you bluebell.

Laquina said...

Bravo Taradise! I applaud you for looking into what really matters, your looks. Being kind-hearted can make you famous, but it won't make you rich. And I only like to watch shows with good looking people because it gives me something to aspire to. I just can't get behind shows like "the biggest loser". I don't want to feel pity when I sit down to relax I want to feel envy. And if anyone says differently then all you need to do is show them a British sitcom and they will come around. They put "regular" people in their shows and it is just lack luster. If I want to see regular joes then I just watch cops or cheaters. I like the glitz and glam, I think it betters people.
Huzzah.

Laquina said...

Oh, and I'd like to defend Little J's haircut. I once had that exact haircut almost 4 years ago and I loved it. I was inspired by the AC/DC song "hells bells" I was listening to on the drive to the salon. And things would be much better for her if they just stopped parting it in the middle. It just throws off her whole hair feng-shui.