Thursday, January 22, 2009

and the coat finally makes a debut

Dear Universe,

Per one of my serious resolutions, I am writing you a thank you note. It's true that you and I have something of a tenuous relationship. You build me up, you tear me down. I sing your praises, I shake my fist at you. But let's be honest - we like the roller coaster. One moment is ecstasy and the next is fire and brimstone while peals of Satanic laughter rumble through the stormy sky -- but hey, it's rarely boring. Except for right now, actually. I am SO BORED. But that's not what I want to talk about. I want to say thanks. Thanks for one, and hopefully more to follow, day of semi-coldness. Because 80 degree days are hard to dress for in the winter. I mean, I have really limited amounts of thermatically cool winter clothing, and I refuse to wear spring florals in January. Plus I have all these cute jackets I accumulated from living on a frozen tundra for a few winters that I've only pulled out twice since Halloween. So it's about time.

Best regards,
Tara


PS - In the concern I feel for giving you the wrong impression, I also want to add: Keep up the good work with global warming! or "climate change" or whatever they call it these days. Because I loved spending all Monday at the beach and almost getting tan.

3 comments:

Amber Marie said...

amen. it is in the 80's here and i hate wearing anything that resembles summer clothing, even though it is summer here all year. it just isn't right. and what would stacey and clinton think?

Marge Bjork said...

you should start posting more of your autobiography. I really would by your book.

The Smith Family said...

Yeah, I was starting to echo your sentiments--yesterday it was 51 so I let the boys frolick outside like it was 90 and I went out in short sleeves (and pretended it was spring in my white shirt). But alas, it is "flurrying" today as I sit here, staring out the window like a granny in her rocking chair. *BIG SIGH* I wish you and I could just trade weather for a year, my Casper-the-ghost tan isn't so hot!