Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Summer Forecast

California summer are priceless. Mild humidity, no bugs, warm but not too hot. But lately I've been longing for something, and today it hit me: Provo summers! Okay, so I've only experienced like two. But they were great. Dry heat, thunderstorms, slacking in classes, warm nights, meteor showers, and freaking motorcycles everywhere you turn. I hated that.

I have made some summertime resolutions. Feel free to join me:

1. I am going to go to Rockin' Berry more often. It's a self-serve frozen yogurt shop, and I like it because it reminds me of Mavericks but it's cleaner. And you can put toppings on it. In fact, Rockin' Berry is so genius that many people have walked in, only to find it's buffet style, frown in confusion, complain about lack of service, and walk out again. So I fully give this place my support. I don't want to patron eateries where they serve idiots.

2. I am probably not going to see Space Chimps. Sorry. But you can go if you want.

3. I will be frequenting the candy drawer of death only once a day. ONCE. A. DAY.

4. One camp-out, at least. I know, I know. I'm not "outdoorsy." But I didn't go to all those fun-filled years of Girls Camp for nothin. Plus, it'll give me a chance to brush up on my knife work. If you know what I mean.

5. I am going to make a new friend. Actually, I already did. High five! So consider that checked.

6. I think about my unknown future 75% of my waking life. I am going to reduce that to 50%, and then go to the beach because no one thinks of their black hole future at the beach.

7. Leer at more people. I don't like to start fires, but I know when I'm being leered at. So I will throw it right back in their grimey, toothless faces and leer harder.

Good luck on your summer resolutions. I am going to rock mine!

4 comments:

Mike Lau said...

I started writing a comment but it ended up being kinda long so I turned it into a blog post.

Miriam Herm said...

I've made a lot of lists this summer. One major thing is left: have a baby and then go hug everyone I know and love. I'm sick of not being able to hug people. Especially Ava.

Laquina said...

Ricky contemplates life while at the beach - but not enough if you ask me. I have no resolutions this summer which is pretty unusual for me. Oh yeah, I remember. This is the summer of "lowered expectations". So far, so good.

Amber Marie said...

we missed you at pismo. everything was just a bit more...lame without you. good luck on leer-ing harder.