Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mr. 152 Insights Into My Soul

Quite some time ago, my roommates and I were borderline obsessed with The Color Code. We all took the quiz, analyzed ourselves endlessly, and then forced everyone who came over to take it. And of course we would analyze (and judge) them endlessly. Remember that? Good times.

Since I am a sucker for all psychological tests, I took one that was emailed to me by a co-worker which was entertaining and shallowly gratifying. (Take it here). Then I took another quiz that SC posted on her blog. (Click here if you feel curious. I know that you are.) With all of these free diagnosese who needs to pay for therapy?

Here are today's results:


Your Existing Situation
Non-realization of hopes and the inability to decide on necessary remedial action has resulted in considerable stress.

Your Stress Sources
Feels trapped in a disagreeable situation and powerless to remedy it. Angry and disgruntled as she doubts that she will be able to achieve the goals and frustrated almost to the point of nervous prostration. Wants to get away, feel less restricted, and free to make her own decisions.

Your Restrained Characteristics
Feels that she is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave her without any sense of emotional involvement.
Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective
Needs to feel identified with someone or something and wishes to win support by her charm and amiability. Sentimental and yearns for a romantic tenderness.

Your Actual Problem
Depleted vitality has created an intolerance for any further stimulation, or demands on her resources. This feeling of powerlessness subjects her to agitation and acute distress. She attempts to escape into a substitute world in which things are more nearly as she desires them to be.

Your Actual Problem #2
Seeks to avoid criticism and to prevent restriction of her freedom to act, and to decide for herself by the exercise of great personal charm in her dealings with others.


Does anyone else love the line "Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity?" That does pretty much sum me up. Although now that I read over this it sounds rather gloomy. So let's dismiss it. Except for the good parts.

4 comments:

Amber Marie said...

dismissed. except for the sexual activity part, i've got to think about that one for a part of the day. good luck. maybe i'll see you in two weeks???

rich said...

Thank you for including the bit about sexual activity. You are so Samantha Jones!

Miriam Herm said...

I once took a very complex personality test and was told at the end that I had no personality, that I needed to take a year or two and mature before I took it again. It was a really stupid test.

Let's go to lunch again. We can eat at the office so that you don't have to be late.

Laquina said...

"Yearns for a romantic tenderness?" Gross.
Sounds like something straight out of one of my corset busters. The one I read when there is nothing else left. The one whose cover I have to hide when there are people around.

But it suits you all too well.