Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I love a man in uniform

I know! This totally comes out of nowhere because it's been a few months or 11. If I weren't so lazy I'd probably create a poll where you could vote on what happened to me. The options would be something like:

A) In the hospital with amnesia
B) Moved to be with her kindred spirits in The South and currently out hog hunting
C) Got sucked into a black hole of watching Kardashian re-runs
D) A man

Much to the dismay of all, the answer is D! High fives and free drinks for everyone because I done gone and got myself hitched ya'll! Check it.


Bonus points: He's in the Navy AND hot.

Here's how it happened: He came strutting into church one day and I was like, "Who is THAT tall drink of water?" Then a year ago he finally asked me out. We went out almost every weekend after that. He asked me to marry him while eating a bowl of rice in my parent's kitchen in March, and we tied the knot in May. And tra la la - here we are a little over 5 months later and now he's off being a stud in Afghanistan.So that's what I've been doing.

More photo evidence? Ok, but just a few.






You want to know why I really married him? Because all that man has to do is crinkle his baby blues and smile and, boy scout swear, a rainbow will shoot out of your chest and end in a pot of swoon. I'm teen girl squealing inside.

And what would a wedding be without a honeymoon? Lame, that's what. So we took a jaunt over to Caye Caulker, an island off the coast of Belize.


Please focus your attention on the scuba gear in the background:

I wore that. 80 FEET UNDERWATER. WHAT! And I hate marine life up in my business. I guess I must love him. But my adventurism didn't end there. . .

Next stop: Old Crumbling Temples That You Can Climb On Because Clearly They're Not Too Worried About Lawsuits, Bless Them And Their Legal Ways!


Yes, those are each a different temple and H to the NO did I climb any one of them. My husband did though, because he is a man and foolishly laughs in the face of tripping on those wicked steps and breaking his neck. Which 100% would've happened to me.

 Bonus: We took a river boat to get there! It was like Disneyland's Jungle Cruise minus the cap gun, fake animals and awesome jokes. Instead we had poisonous acid-barked trees and crocs and this gross thing -

- and homemade Belizian food AND six Europeans that were going to be the first to go if our boat sank and the crocodiles were prowling. Which made it 10,000 times better than the jungle cruise.

Plus, I had a lieutenant there with me which makes things a bajillion times more interesting.


SA-WOON.





8 comments:

Melissa said...

And then, I'm reminded why I love you. Ahh.

Shakirra said...

Option D is the best one! I love your blog, and am hoping you're back for good! Love you Tara! I'll have to conect with you next time I'm in town. If you've changed your email you know/knew mine!
So happy for you and your man! "Sa-woon!"

Bee said...

Yeah! I am so glad that you are blogging again! I missed you! It was so fun to see you dressed all in white...you were stunning!

Amber Marie said...

HOORAAAAYY! you cannot even imagine how happy it made me to see you had updated and what a beautiful update too. love all the pictures and of course your commentary. can't wait to meet this stud. love you.

leean robinson said...

What fun to have Tara back in the blogging circle again! I too, loved the update. Keep blogging. Your blogs always bring a smile and sometimes an out-right laugh for me. Love ya!

trine k said...

awesome post T! So glad to hear from you and see lots of pictures of you with your studly man. And happy to discover that married life has not slowed down your humor a tad! Ha! Larry and I got a big kick out of this post, hope we get to see you these coming holidays...!

Lady Chan said...

A bowl of rice and Tra-la-la goodness. Words cannot express how much I loved this post. Do it again! Do it again! We like it! We like it! Goooo Winston! Or something.

Miriam Herm said...

the only thing better than tara is corey and tara.

blog more. please.