Saturday, March 6, 2010

Stop callin' Stop callin' I don't wanna talk anymore

Quandary: my cell phone contract with Verizon is up next month, and I'm debating between jumping ship, staying and going month to month, or renewing. Rather, my family is debating this because we're all on a family plan.

Preferably I'd stay with Verizon, but their phones are crap. Also I don't want a data plan - which limits my options severely, I know. Suggestions? Good plans you know of? Is it possible to get more than 5 people on a family plan?

This would be the time I would usually begin my tirade about sleazy cell phone companies and the inability for competitors to offer viable alternatives because of restrictions in the free market - but I'll restrain myself.

Feel free to review service, phone reliability, pros/cons - whatever. I need guidance.

Oh, and i Phones are off the table.

2 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

if you can't get an iphone, why even live?

rich said...

Tara,

Sadly the only thing I can say is iPhone or bust. Either get an iPhone or just continue to stick with a regular phone.

As far as phone plans. I unlocked my iPhone to work with T-Mobile. My bill is half that of a person on AT&T. I have never had a problem with T-Mobile. Or convince your family to go on AT&T and get an iPhone.