Thursday, January 7, 2010

Conflicts of interest come in all shapes and sizes

I take birthdays fairly seriously. Mainly because its a good excuse to shove cake into my mouth all night long. But also because I like to celebrate things, and the day you graced this planet with the event of your birth should be a staple celebration.

Today is my dad's birthday, and my family is something of a Debby Downer when it comes to celebrations. All he wants, and has ever wanted, is to eat some ribs and sit on the couch and dominate the remote control. Translation: BORING. However, I am willing to acquiesce to his request today because, though I do love birthday parties, I also love Colt McCoy.

And I fear McCoy might get his Longhorns thrown around and stomped on by the crazy tough Defense of Alabama with Mark Ingram leading the charge. Oh the tension!

So what will it be: dad+ribs+cake, or UT/Bama BCS National Champs Throwdown? Why OH WHY must I choose?!

2 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

I don't even know who you are anymore.

call me.

Amber Marie said...

maybe you should just move to texas now. it has been a long time since ryan has been so down (during/after the game). it really was a sad game.